Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

Poet of the Month 013: KARYS PK



KARYS PK
2013









WITHOUT ANYBODY


 

 

it is not until
the middle of the night
that I know loneliness
is simply blood that
never bled out,


 

it is knowing you
could have but
you are still
going without.
 



 
 
*







TONE-DEAF HEART


 

the day you looked the prettiest
to me was the day you told me that
maybe love really did exist


 

and i swear you shone,
like the lights from the ends
of your fingertips
were calling you home


 

and i couldn't fill my lungs
or feel my tongue and
even my tone-deaf heart
could have sung


 

and i asked if you meant
what you said, and you
said, "i do"


 

as you tried to make eye contact
with the boy across
the room.
 

 

 


Published online 14 December 2013
© 2013 towritepoems





 

 

The following biographical statement appears on the poet's Tumblr blog.  [It is re-posted here for recommendation purposes only and, like the poems, remains its author's exclusive copyright-protected intellectual property.]

 

DETAILS:
   My name is Karys.
   I am sixteen years old.
   I am five foot three.
   I am naturally a blonde.
   I am bilingual.
   I am allergic to bananas.
   I am lactose intolerant.
   I am Canadian.
   I am gay.
   I am gifted in English Literature.
   I am unhappy.
 

 
Karys PK's descriptions of loneliness and longing are among the most genuinely moving and eloquent I have ever read. 
 


 

 

You might also enjoy:

 

 
Poet of the Month 012: CLEMENTINE VON RADICS

 

 
Poet of the Month 032: JENNIFER DENROW

 

 
Poet of the Month 001: WALTER RALEGH

 

 

 

Last updated 13 April 2021  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment