Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

The Write Advice 051: MARIANNE MOORE


I don't call anything I have ever written poetry.  In fact, the only reason I know for calling my work poetry at all is that there is no other category in which to put it.  I'm a happy hack as a writer… I never knew anyone with a passion for words who had as much difficulty in saying things as I do.  I seldom say them in a manner I like.  Each poem I think will be the last.  But something always comes up and catches my fancy.

Interview [The New York Times, date unspecified]



Use the link below to read some poems by North American poet MARIANNE MOORE:

 

http://www.poemhunter.com/marianne-moore/

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
Poet of the Month 002: MARIANNE MOORE

 
The Write Advice 022: GEORGE ORWELL

 
The Write Advice 007: GLENDA ADAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment