Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

The Write Advice 063: ROBERT CORMIER


When I'm writing, I'm only conscious that I'm a storyteller first.  I'm interested in creating real people, dramatic situations that will keep the reader turning pages.  Then, if I can say here's the chance for me to explore ideas, that's great.  I don't think of myself as a thematic writer, but as a storyteller.  If they don't work as stories, then no one will read them, so the message would get lost anyway. 

[Source unspecified] 



Use the link below to read a July 2000 interview with North American writer ROBERT CORMIER (1925 –2000), author of the bestselling Young Adult novels The Chocolate War (1974), I Am The Cheese (1977), After the First Death (1979) and many others:

 

http://www.achuka.co.uk/special/cormier01.htm

  

 

You might also enjoy:


The Chocolate War (1974) by ROBERT CORMIER

 
The Write Advice 043: DORIS LESSING

 
The Write Advice 013: FRANÇOIS MAURIAC

 

No comments:

Post a Comment