Pages

Thursday 24 September 2015

The Write Advice 072: BADRYAH AL-BISHR


As a writer, I need space to work, so that I can write without [feeling trapped in a] constant state of struggle and conflict.  If I'm not being clear, I want my sentence to be for me, mine, and not simply a sentence responding to the comment of another.  When I was writing articles for Arshaq Al Aswat, I found myself always being [in a state of] reaction, and not action.  I believe a successful person is someone who does and doesn't simply react.  I think an intellectual shouldn't spend all his time debating others.

Saudi Writer Badryah al-Bishr: Be the Action, Not the Reaction [23 March 2015]


 

Use the link below to read the full interview with Saudi novelist BADRYAH AL-BISHR:

 

https://arablit.org/2015/03/23/saudi-writer-al-bishr/

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 053: MOHAMMAD HASSAN ALWAN

  
The Write Advice 031: JANA EL HASSAN

 
The Write Advice 012: SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR

No comments:

Post a Comment